06/08/2004

The Hand...for the THIRD time.

Okay .... now I actually am a tiny bit spooked. The card for today is ... again ... The Hand. Third time in a row. Now let's get one thing straight. I really do shuffle the deck and I draw the card with my eyes closed. And there are fifty-six cards in the deck. So what are the odds that I pull the same card three days in a row? I'll tell you. Slim. The bug and I are a little concerned you think this game is fixed so we called in three character witnesses to vouch for us. They have put their personal reputations on the line to back us up. You many not believe me, the bug, the lizard or the dog but at least, for god's sake, you can trust Shakespeare. That's red ink on his cheek. He's been filling in around the Ashabot until I can find a new proof-reader to replace Orbalina. Plus, I'm from the great state of Nevada. We take our gaming very seriously here. This is a bonafide true and balanced wheel folks. Fate has spoken. La Mano is the official Tarjeta del Día, número seises.

So, it's Hippolyte Lizard's birthday. Happy Birthday HP! Looks to me that, along with The Inner Swine, the Hand of God is on your brow. Whew! Esteemed company. And Happy (Un)Birthday to everyone else, as the case may apply. No offense, but I can't wait for this damn party to be over. Three more days to go. I'm really hoping that tomorrow I'll get a different card. I don't think I can take much more of this.

4 comments:

Don said...

Yes. Trust the ol' Bard. I don't like the bulldog's smile and the lizard seems uncertain. But between ol' Billy and the fearless integrity of the Nevada State Gaming Commission I trust La Mano is truly la tercera tarjeta. And Thank You Very Much for the Birthday Wishes! But now, what does it all mean? La Mano looks like a warning somehow.

asha said...

Yes, the bulldog looks like he's been eating way too many fish n chips and swilling ungodly amounts of ale. The lizard, on the other hand, is the companion of Señor Muerte so he is not so much uncertain as laid back. They are pub tag-alongs. But Bill and the Nevada Gaming Commission? Names you can trust.

As for the birthday wishes, guess you'll have to save them until April! Until then, Happy Unbirthday. As for "what does it all mean?" You're right. That IS the question.

Don said...

No no, my birthday WAS Friday. I share the day with Robert Mitchum. Someone else is the April baby, and my comment reflected something she said at her blog, or I said, or something. Sorry, it's all so confusing. La Mano has me flinching.

asha said...

Ah, all the better. So Happy Birthday again. Don't feel too bad that I got confused. I get confused tying my shoelaces. :)