18/12/2005

Found writing

I was at the second hand store the other day when a cheap little sports purse caught my eye. I like bags and am always looking for ones to add to my collection so I checked it out. In the pockets were 2 pennies (they were both heads and go towards my next hexgram from the street thing), an eyebrow brush, lots of crumbs and that rare item, a scribbled piece of "found writing", perhaps composed by the girl who formerly owned the purse.


It's a sad, little composition:

"a single diamond tear emerged from the red eyes, rolled down the bland face, and shattered into a million pieces on the rocky asphalt The wind played with her hair. She suddenly knew what to do. Her feet guided her though the Prowlers & the terrys. Row after row of trailer disappeared behind her. "Don't give me that bullshit" echoed in her head. "You can't get me now dad. I'm free," she thought."




I hope she is free, but more likely she still has a very long way to go.


Ps. The winter solstice is in 2 days. That's the center of my holiday season! Happy Winter Solstice.


2 comments:

freethoughtguy said...

.
Winter Solstice Greetings to you and yours!
.

asha said...

Thank you. Solstice greetings also to you and yours. It's such a special time of year!