27/01/2006

Starting over


A couple of people called after what I posted the other day. They are good friends and I appreciate that they took the time to check in and see what's up. Not to back pedal but I want to make clear that all is well. I was just pealing away another layer of scar tissue.

I wrestle with things. Who doesn't? I just happen to write about it and, for reasons I have not ever quite understood, need a witness, a reader, a stranger or a friend. In some sense it hardly matters. It's a way of bringing to light what the world is better suited to hold.

Today was terrific. LP and I went cross country skiing. It didn't start out so great though. We got to the parking lot then realized we had to drive back home to pick up some forgotten equipment. That was a spoiler, briefly, then we applied the little mental trick of starting the day over. Funny how a simple reframing like that works. The day turned out much better the second time around. For one thing, the weather had greatly improved by the time we got back to the trail head and we ended up doing a 13 mile loop under a sunny, blue sky. I didn't get many photos though. I have a new camera and am not comfortable with it yet. I'll get to it, if not before, then certainly when the pain of pixel withdrawal becomes greater than my reluctance to tackle this new piece of equipment...ie...soon.


No comments: