20/01/2007

Come the crows, cautiously


The birds dine in shifts at the Bird Park, starting with the magpies who arrive about 7:10 am but the crows haven't been regulars for a while. They are here this morning however. They like the tortillas, dipped in water. Perhaps it's the ripping and tearing, I don't know. They're not interested in the veggie suet I make. Too bad. It's nourishing. Anyway, to my delight Minerva, my favorite crow, showed up the other day. I haven't seen her for months and thought she was dead. She's my favorite simply because I can distinguish her from the others. She's got a white patch on her breast, so we have history. She didn't eat the Marvel Meal either but seemed to side against the magpie horning in, or should I say, beaking in on the starlings who are the second shift and crazy about the stuff.

Minerva and the magpie










No comments: