24/02/2007

Holy shit!



Not long ago I started getting forwards from a mystery source but they sent the emails properly (Bcc'd) so I checked out one of the links. To date, they are almost always excellent. I did a little polking around and seems the sender lives nearby. Perhaps we've met, but I don't remember. That remains an open question about which you may hear more later. Anyway, here's one of the links I recently received. It's really impressive. Even though you, being very hip, have undoubtedly encountered some of this information before, it's all put together here in really Big Picture. I highly recommend you watch it. Learn a little bit about the world that does not yet exist because that's the world we are living in.

SHIFT HAPPENS.






7 comments:

Geeky Tai-Tai said...

Mind-boggling!

asha said...

Definitely stunning.

Don said...

I'm not surprised Nintendo spends more on R&D than the U.S. government spends on education. The profit motive is hard to beat.

I'm proud to say I am distantly connected to the $100 laptop project. It seems that access to the net is the single most significant delimiter between those with and those without opportunity, or soon will be. More than just food or healthcare.

China scares me. Nice people and all, but they far outrun us in technical work (quantity, not yet quality, but catching up), their economy is gangbusters, they will have a labor surplus for decades yet, and their government is careful to be one brutal crackdown away from regaining total control.

asha said...

China scares me too. Plus, animals have it very bad in China. Well, they do everywhere but the Chinese fur farms are over the top and reflect cultural norms that make me shudder to my soul.

Nice you're part of the $100 laptop project. People need help across the great divide.

Anonymous said...

Let's face it: WE'RE DOOMED.

asha said...

Wiggy said...

Let's face it: WE'RE DOOMED.

----------------------

Well, maybe not doomed but perhaps life as we know it. Stay in school, kids. The future's not for dummies or celebrity seekers. The singularity is coming. Hey, it might be fun. We really can't imagine.

Anonymous said...

The singularity is coming.

Sounds like a topic for a new post!