07/07/2007

Mirrors and oracles


I don't leave important decisions up to oracles anymore than I leave them to the face looking back at me from the mirror but I do use both to study what I already see. So, while sitting here at Comma Coffee, I consulted the I Ching about what is the correct path for me to take regarding 5th Friday at this time and got

Return: Not far and returning without respecting aversion. Good fortune.

changing to

Removal: Removing something. Before this is doine it is not practical to make plans.

All which is to say that letting it go at this time feels right. Like tossing a coin, it's how one feels about the toss, not the yes or no attached to a particular side, that one needs to pay attention to. Sometimes a timely retreat is the best way forward.




2 comments:

Roy said...

I have in my closet a huge book on I Ching that my son bought. Maybe I should attempt to read it.

I like that. Just toss the coin. Sometimes that is the only thing that makes sense. If you watch it land, you are locked into only two possible results. If you walk away, they are infinite.

asha said...

Yes, what's to lose by trying it out? For me, it generally reflects what my intuition is already telling me but I am unwilling or unable to accept. It allows me to pause, instead of just rushing willy nilly head first into action. Very useful for compulsive types like me.