29/01/2010

Cheap Wine & Poetry

"We should never have named what we buried. We know now it wasn't love." ~ Richard Hugo from Graves.

Last night I attended a reading at Seattle's Richard Hugo House, a Cheap Beer & Prose event hosted by Cheap Wine & Poetry, to quote their blog, "Seattle’s biggest, coolest, hippest reading series." There was a huge turnout. I went alone but met some really nice people who invited me to join them at their table. One had come to read poetry at the open mic following the main event. As it turned out, I read as well. It's wonderful reading to people who actually listen. By the way, the Hugo House is a great place. Next time you are in Seattle, check it out.

6 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Which poem did you read?

asha said...

I read two, Drift and Girl; Drift because the opening image refers to the time I lived in the neighbor where the Hugo House is located. I read Girl for the other poet at the table because she read it earlier in the evening and liked it.

msb said...

do you rehearse before?

asha said...

msb... no but I've read them in public before.

Kimberlee said...

I can't find them are they on the blog? Annasadhorse

asha said...

Kimberlee, they are not on annasadhorse. I will email them to you.