09/01/2010

Cookies for breakfast but no Haloscan

Coffee can message holder
left at the peak of a lonely
mountain top somewhere
in the Nevada desert
They weren't the hit I'd thought they'd be but this morning I gave the magpies butter cookies for breakfast, the kind you buy at xmas in the big tin. I'm not sure how old they are. At least a year. By seconds the general consensus was they were weird. A few birds hung around to pick and nibble but even they left some on the table. Now, as usual, one fellow is still out there cleaning up but I hope he doesn't get a tummy ache. No more cookies for magpies. Maybe I will try them on the ducks. They are pigs with feathers.

In other news, Haloscam has finally extracted itself from my blog. Good! Skeevy bastards. It was waste of time installing their stupid service in the first place. Blogger comments always worked just fine. I was like a crow, enamored by a bit of shiny tinsel. The downside is that the brilliant, witty comments left here over the years are also gone leaving me at this outpost border crossing bribing birds for company and hoping a ragged traveler or two will happen by and leave a note in the can. Yes, they are only digital but they do make the world seem a friendlier place.

6 comments:

Roy said...

Hello from Kansas City.

asha said...

Hey Roy! Hellllllllllllllooooooo back.

You should get a prize hmmmmm..... let see......... I know. A poem bookmark. I was just going to make some new ones. You still at the same address?

Kimberlee said...

crinkle, toss, swoosh, plunk there's my paper finding your can:)

Roy said...

Yes, a poem. About the desert? Hot, sunny, clean.

Yep, same address.

asha said...

Hey Kimberlee.... got it! Thanks. A bookmark for you too.

And Roy, hot, clean, sunny? Nope. "Infinite poetic sadness". Ask my daughter.

msb said...

good riddance haloscan I say.