25/04/2010

Local news at 7:07




I took lots of photos of Thea during my recent trip to Portland but was too busy to post them at the time. In fact, they are still on the camera, which has a dead battery because the minute I got home I had to throw myself into the newsletter and now that I'm finished with that I have to clean this wreck of an office. My daughter wisely copies whatever she wants before I leave because I seldom get around to sending photos back to people after the fact. While I prefer to think of chaos as a subtle form of order, it has its drawbacks. Anyway, I am home and today I have to tackle my lair. The chaos here has reached critical mass one more time. Mr. Lee is threatening intervention again (let him try) but it's even too much for me. That's bad.

I am thinking about doing an Odyssey American Road Trip next month, the kind where you throw a mattress in the back of the wagon and go. Mr. Lee is going to China for the month which leaves me at loose ends. Well, it wouldn't be that much of an odyssey I suppose but I could go to Seattle for a week or two, base at my brother's house, and knock around the town for awhile, maybe read at an open mic or two, then head down to Portland and visit Baby Thea again. She is growing up way too fast.

On the other hand, I've been to Seattle and Portland recently but I generally fly. I am not much of a long distance driver. I could go west instead, to Sacramento and the Bay Area. It's way closer. Some Canadian friends we first met in Nicaragua are doing their own Odyssey American Road Trip next month and have been planning to visit us here in Nevada but, lately we've been talking about meeting along the way. If I stay closer to home, I could show them some of the wonders in our little corner of the world and the rest of the month, do esoteric things like make poetry videos that I'll never post. Well, off to wrestle chaos.



8 comments:

someone said...

It was fun to walk through the green streets with you. You can throw your mattress in my yard.
And now that I have to type in a word to verify, I have couple of questions: why is the word all wiggly? why isn't it a word? Is "scalise" a word? Do some people not see the word if they aren't eligible for viewing? wtf??

asha said...

Sorry about the word verification. I had to do it because I got hit with a bunch of spam posts recently. Machines can't read it. Squiggly, non words further baffle them. I know it's a pain in the ass. I've been thinking to turn it off for a while now to see if they are gone. Tomorrow.

Roy said...

These word verifications aren't as bad as some. At least it's possible to read them. I run across some that I have to guess at one of the letters, and I guess wrong.

I wonder what happens when you click on the handicap symbol . . . .

Roy said...

Oh wow. Click on the handicap symbol! (Turn on speakers or headphones...)

Don said...

I love long distance driving. My recent trips were heaven to me, just way too short. I am curious as to what calls Mr L to China for a month, but it's none of my biz.

I am making a lair of my own which means going through stuff so I can consolidate and actually getting rid of some. I can't believe it but I have identified books -- books! -- that I am willing to get rid of.

asha said...

Don, M. Lee's mom loves China and has visited many times. Sadly, her Chinese friend passed away last spring so this year M. Lee is accompanying her. She is staying for two weeks but he will stay an extra two to scout around. As you know, getting there requires 24 grueling hours so he doesn't want to waste the opportunity.

As for my lair, I have made some headway but still so much remains to be done. I get overwhelmed just thinking about it. It's not just that I have to clean the space. I need to change the way I live in it.

Kimberlee said...

That's ME I'm part of the "Canadian friends"!
We're happy to meet you wherever you are sometimes it's nice to break free of the chaos and leave it all behind.....that is until you get back!

My word of the day is "phili"

asha said...

Hi Kimberlee! Yes, maybe we'll meet along the road. That would be fitting. See somewhere or other soon!