03/05/2010

Day in the life

This poor pigeon, his leg is swollen, red and inflamed. It probably throbs and hurts like crazy. He got tangled up in fishing line. That stuff is such a menace and it's everywhere, mountains of fishing line, abandoned nets, hooks and miscellaneous crap tossed or lost by thoughtless idiots worldwide. ARG!!!

Oakland resident

We are back in the Bay Area for the weekend dealing with the ongoing task of helping a family member transition to a new living situation. She got kicked out of the Royale.

I would love to have freed his foot.

It's a complicated story. The Royale is a great place but she's got problems they can't handle so it's all for the better. In any case, Charlita the Cat doesn't seem to mind so that's one in the plus column.


Lady at the bus stop.


Vegan soul food in Oakland.... how cool is that!


Lost horizon

WTF?! Let the poor fellow rest in peace.

Spring in Oakland


4 comments:

Roy said...

I especially like the flower picture.

I'm sorry about your new friend's right foot situation. I was shocked at how many one legged seagulls there were in Santa Cruz.

asha said...

Dang fishing line. It will probably get all of us eventually, including cars, buses and trains.

I like that photo too. Surprisingly beautiful for the smack dab Oakland waterfront.

Kimberlee said...

I like the women at the bus stop photo it just draws me for some reason.

asha said...

Hi Kimberlee, I love taking candid shots of people doing ordinary things but generally the photos don't amount to much but I thought the woman at the bus stop was kind of nice too. She's very much a part of spring.