08/06/2010

Poetry express



I read at the Poetry Express open mic on Monday night. It's held at the Priya Restaurant on San Pablo Ave, a little hole in the wall with a friendly staff and really tasty, cheap Indian food. Poetry Express is another of Berkeley's many groups. They are not only good poets but nice people. I am so glad I finally made it to the Bay Area to check out the scene. (thanks universe et al) The facilitator also invited me to be a feature reader at some future event but we set no date. Whether or not either of these invitations actually pan out, it's great to meet people who are not only doing things themselves, but also like my work.

Berkeley graffiti



3 comments:

Roy said...

That is very cool. I'm glad you are there.

asha said...

Thanks Roy. I am too but I had to be forced to do it.

Don said...

Priya. Interesting. Want to check it out. I've a colleague with that name. She's quite beautiful, which is rather irrelevent, and lives and works in Bangalore, which is also. In any case, Indian food provides a variety quite beyond my comprehension. Yay Berkeley!