09/10/2010

Monkeys and sloths


Woken up this morning before dawn by a band of Howler monkeys howling in the trees directly above our cabin. They went on for until after sunrise. Seems they were exchanging the morning gossip and news with another band in the distance. Of course, I made several videos in an attempt to capture the sound. None of the turned out very good but I will post one anyway, but later. Right now, must sleep. I hear shuffling and rattling leaves in the canopy.

Is this a sloth?

At this point, everyone here at Alby's as seen a sloth but us. I took this photo on a beach walk this afternoon. Is it a sloth? Maybe it's a sloth. We have just under two weeks left in Costa Rica. Must see a sloth before we go. If all else fails, I'll go to the restaurant a wait for them to show up there. I hear they're regulars but that just seems too easy.


Monkey or sloth?


6 comments:

Roy said...

Is it a sloth? The picture's not blurred, like he was moving too fast.

But I don't know. I used to have a marked propensity toward procrastination and sloth, but I still can't tell.

asha said...

The Dutch people say it's a sloth and I'm going with that.

"Used to"? Must be nice. I am bone lazy.

Roy said...

Oh no. I still have the propensity for sloth, it's just not marked. I've gone stealth.

Kimberlee said...

We had a sloth climb on our friends car in her brother's driveway in La Fortuna those are some damn long nails. Ricardo and Marco had to sweep him off the top with a broom.....Sloths are definitely stealth maybe Roy embodies the sloth more completely now than before:)

Roy said...

Well, I do like to crawl on top of cars . . .

I tell you what's stealth are those possums. It's eerie how when you look at them they don't move, then if you look away and back they're either gone or in a different place. Luckily, they're usually moving AWAY from you, or it would be REALLY creepy.

asha said...

Kimberlee: We should have such luck. I think you are right about Roy... stealthy as a sloth.

Roy: There are many eyes watching from the leaves.