17/01/2011

Tesla

This is not an ad for Tesla. I just happened to see one yesterday and thought it was pretty cool. Look ma. No tailpipe! The one true all-electric car. I am not a car nut but I do appreciate when beauty and function come together in an eco-friendly manner. There are less than 1500 on the road worldwide so that makes this an Official Sighting and the first in a new category here at the language barrier. I know who he is but I scrubbed the license plate because otherwise I would feel creepy posting the photo. That said, he was one of the first software engineers at Google when it was a start-up. These days he does his own thing which includes helping develop eco-friendly projects, education and the arts. Oh and don't miss the fuzzy dice. Pure cool.

Base price for a Tesla $109,000(US), £86,950(UK) and €84,000 in continental Europe. 

11 comments:

Don said...

I'm a big fan of Tesla Motors. You beat me on seeing one.

Roy said...

I wish they weren't so expensive, but I'm glad to see a pure electric vehicle. The first hybrids were a necessary step, but I didn't like it that they almost seemed to still be primarily an internal combustion powered vehicle.

Roy said...

Does that mean Asha gets to slug you in the arm, or something?

asha said...

Yeah! Yeah! I get to slug Don in the arm! Come on. Roy said. It's robot discourse.

Don said...

Okay, okay. But I call double slugs on the first Volt.

Kristiana said...

there is a red tesla that i've seem parked on my block a couple times -- i wouldn't have noticed it, but Clark has an eye for that sort of thing.

Kimberlee said...

That is a sexy mode of transport for darn sure but I don't think Mr. Lee would fit!

Roy said...

Roy said. It's robot discourse.

This made me LOL. I was just at someone's house and they had one of those games, those Rock'm Sock'm Robots, or whatever they were called, sitting on the coffee table.

Oh wow. Is that a word verification, or a dyslexic commenter filter? Oh well; try, try again.

Roy said...

Keep yer eyes peeled for a Volt, Asha. I don't think I could withstand even one slug from Don.

asha said...

Double slugs!? Holy cow!!! What the hell is a Volt? Must google Volt NOW!

asha said...

Don: Hey, wait a minute! A Volt is only $32 grand and change. That doesn't get double slugs. And if it does, then a Tesla gets a pounding through the floor. A Volt is somewhere in the high five category, or if you want to walk the wild side with us Liberals, a ter-rist fist bump.

Kristiana: I like to think that the red Tesla belongs to the poetry professor at Reed.

As for the Tesla, I wouldn't have known it either. Lee spotted it and knew who was driving. I was oblivious, probably grinding about how not enough birds are visiting the Bird Park these days when he pointed it out.

Kimberlee: the neat thing is there is undoubtedly tons of leg room in a Tesla. It's low to the ground though so you'd have to do a squat every time you got in or out but hey...