03/08/2011

No ghost but a mango

No ghost. In fact, no nothing. Pelican Alley is closed on Tuesday. This is the second time the place has evaded me. The last time was last fall when I went in ordered but then, for seemingly other reasons, canceled and left. Hmmmmm....veeeeery strange, eh? Anyway, for the record, I do and do not believe in ghosts, like everything else and I did not see the pantie tweaking ghost of Pelican Alley today. I will try again later. The day ended with a mango party. We ate the last of the mangoes we got at Pine Island a couple of weeks ago. Except for the crappy Tommy Atkins, the one most often imported to the US, they were all fantastic. So, for today, no ghost but 11 mangoes down and hundreds to go.

4 comments:

Roy said...

Yes. Veeeeeery weeeeeeeeird. But they're not proper ghosts anyway, are they? Worth very little compared to a good mango in the hand.

asha said...

Roy, you are so right. A mango in the hand is worth two ghosts in the pantry! HA!

Kimberlee said...

I never believed in ghosts until I started working in a century old home that is now a children's hospice and have seen many, many families mourn the loss of their children. I'm still not sure about ghosts but know for certain there are moments when their souls touch me somehow. A thought, a feeling, a subconscious movement they somehow let me know they are there.

asha said...

Kimberlee, I am with you on that. Unexplainable, inexplicable but real.