02/09/2006

Sad day in bird land




It will be a sad day in the Bird Park for the next 5 days. Mr. Lee is in the final stage of prepping the off-road trailer for painting and asked me to stop putting out seed so I pulled the feeders. Most of the birds have already taken off but throughout the day others drop by and wander around looking baffled and confused that everything has suddenly disappeared. At the moment there's one lone pigeon just standing looking at the empty pool that usually has a happy bather or two by this time of day. I'm leaving the water but will move it to another part of the yard. I know there's plenty of food elsewhere. All the weeds are currently going to seed. It's me that needs them to bring a little life to the suburban monoscape where we are currently living.







No comments: