01/03/2007

Jimmy


Jimmy Mouse stayed at the Hotel Nevada last night. I didn't discover him until late yesterday afternoon, too late in the day to release him, too cold. Temperatures what they are right now, it would be a big drag to suddenly find yourself homeless at the end of the day. It's supposed be sunny through the weekend though so he'll have a running start on finding a nice comfy new home by the meadow pond. We found our last guest at the hotel dead in the corner as though he were trying to dig himself out when he expired. It was very sad. We forgot the lid was down. We're very careful now. Once the trap is set we check it at least once a day. We don't want innocent creatures to suffer. We like happy endings for our guests, like Fatty Leland. Jimmy Mouse did okay too, although he didn't seem all that eager to face the big world. I don't blame him. He's a pretty tiny fellow. I hated to see him go but, as I understand it, field mice don't do well in captivity.









Books I found at the second hand store today.

This one I bought. This one I just photographed the cover.






2 comments:

Sal said...

Anthropomorphic, I know.

I saw Jimmy and heard him saying, "But ASHA! There's food here and it's warm and I'm peeking over the edge and there's like SNOW! out there!"

Fun clip. Thanks.

asha said...

Sal, I don't think you're little dialog is one bit anthropomorphic. You should have seen the way he was looking at me. If I thought I could close the lid and taken him back home with me, trust me, I would have. If anyone EVER said, "Yikes! That's too big a world for me", it was Jimmy Mouse.