03/05/2007

Commander Guy


"I am the
Commander Guy".

Just for the record, here is an excerpt from The Caucus reporting this newest, mind-boggling display of Bush's hubris and stupidity. Unfortunately, Commander Guy is so delusional and self-centered that he will probably never grasp just what an asshole we think he is. Too bad. It would be some, small satisfaction, if not comfort, to know he is capable of shame. As it is, Commander Guy, aka The Decider, is a really scary man.

The Caucus
Political blogging from The New York Times
May 2, 2007, 5:11 pm
Bush: ‘I’m the Commander Guy’


By Sheryl Gay Stolberg

WASHINGTON, May 2 – And you thought he was still “the decider.”

President Bush has coined a new nickname for himself — ‘’the commander guy” — on Wednesday, as he criticized Congressional Democrats in a speech to the annual gathering of the Associated General Contractors of America, a construction industry trade group.

The man who last year proclaimed “I’m the decider,’’ in response to a question about whether he would fire Donald Rumsfeld as defense secretary, came up with this latest moniker in explaining why he vetoed an Iraq war spending bill that dictated a timeline for troops to withdraw from Iraq.

“The question is, ‘Who ought to make that decision, the Congress or the commanders?,’’ Mr. Bush said. “As you know, my position is clear – I’m the commander guy.”








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know. I was walking by the television when I heard him say that and I almost threw my neck out doing the classic double-take.

Take a deep breath. It's almost over. It's almost over. It's almost over. . .

Roy

asha said...

628 days. Oh my god! It's an eternity.

Roy said...

Oh. That's longer than I was thinking. Right. It's too long from our perspective when he may be saying, so little time, so much damage yet to be done.

asha said...

Exactly. This guy has done more damage to America, our Constitution and the world in one swoop than anyone, living or dead, has done since the founding fathers signed this country into existence.