19/06/2007

Moving on


I'm still in Portland and on one of the NW's more perfect June days. Or at least the sky was blue this morning. I see now, out through the cafe window, that a fine haze of clouds has formed but the street is still sunny. I'll take it. It's nice to be in the city. Actually, according to Find Your Spot, Portland is one of the top 5 most compatible places for me to live and, other than the weather, I have to agree. Plus, Edison my sweetheart and favorite Golden Retriever in the world, is feeling good today in spite of his cancer, I've helped out some with my daughter's upcoming wedding and it's sunny so I call that good. Of course, I know back that back home the Bird Park has wound down by now, making for a less than perfect week for a bunch-o-birds, but I'll be back tomorrow and wind it up again.

The second day I was here, I made a new friend ...a rat ... a friend of a friend I guess you could say, as it was Someone from JudyBlueSky who liberated this rat from the rack at the coffee shop. Unthinkingly, you might take her for a puppet but I assure you that you'd be gravely mistaken. She is an actor and newest member of Invisible Theatre. I'm a bit concerned that the Shipping Squirrel, the troupe's resident Bad Ass, might not be very friendly at first, but he's just rude. Under all the huff and blow, he's a marshmallow but don't quote me on that. I'll deny it.

Anyway, back to work.



4 comments:

someone said...

keep an eye on that rat.

Great to see you, as always. Thanks for the time.

asha said...

That rat tried to back out of the deal when she heard hawks visit the bird park. What ya' gonna do?

Great to see you as well, even with Cliff and his concordance. Wouldn't have missed it for the world.

msb said...

I'm in Santa Barbara, heading north in a few days. zoom zoom zoom

asha said...

What's your itinerary?