26/07/2007

Love among the sunflowers


 

They planted thousands of sunflowers in the spring.


Along with the evergreens, they were stately witness.


The bride was beautiful. The groom was handsome.


The yard, the thousands of sunflowers,
family, friends, food and music, all wonderful.
 

Even though it looked like it might, it didn't rain.


Clark's dog Edison wore a bow tie and
Asia's dog Cairo was lovely in her huge white bow.

 

As the sun set and the sunflower forest faded into the twilight,
the thousands of tiny lights strung through the orchard for the occasion
 

came on adding an extra touch of magic to an already magical day.


5 comments:

msb said...

Waaahooo, congrats, tears streaming, Glad your back. Sorry that you weren't up to par but what wonderful pictures you have taken in spite of it.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Great pictures!

Roy said...

So, when can we expect to see, you know, all the pictures?

asha said...

As you asked, I hear the official photographer, a great guy, did several gigabytes. Apparently only the B&G and his parents will see every single one. However, he will be posting a giganto selection on his website at some point. I'll keep ya' posted. As for me, teetering between life and death as I was that day, I only managed just over 200 MB. I suppose I could post a few more over the weekend. I'm still moving pretty slow but anything for a fellow resident of the Busy Bee apartments.

Roy said...

Get some rest! And, uh, ignore any strange sounds you may hear from downstairs.
I like the bride in the forest picture--you've captured something ancient and archetypal.