23/07/2007

Wedding sketch


I can't go into detail about The Wedding. I'd get into big trouble with my daughter if I did that. You'll have to wait until after the honeymoon and she's back at the keyboard, ten days to a couple of weeks from now but I can't help saying one tiny thing. The Day was, in every way, Perfect.

Currently, the happy couple is honeymooning in Puerto Rico. Haven't been there but I'm sure it's wonderful. However, now that the pre-wedding trauma is over I, for one, am on post-wedding storm watch. Tropical Storm Dalila is just off Mexico's west coast. I'm not totally freaking out because we were in the Yucatan during Hurricane Wilma and, although ultimately Gamma was just one too many, we never felt that threatened. Keep a good thought with me?




8 comments:

Roy said...

Keepin' a good thought here--looks like Dalila missed Puerto Rico from the get-go.

Don said...

What could be more romantic than riding out a tropical storm on your honeymoon in the Caribbean?

I am envious of them, especially of Clark, but, you know.

So I was driving south down I-5 on Sunday and passed an old Jeep with Oregon plates and a young couple in it and Just Married soap-painted all over the windows and of course I thought, aha, that's at least two this weekend. Good times.

asha said...

Roy: Thanks. :-) And you're right. Dalila missed Puerto Rico by 2 or 3 countries but you know how it is. If a puff of wind gets unruly off the east coast of Hawaii, I'll have my eye on it.

Don: I agree. Riding out a tropical storm on your honeymoon in the Caribbean is romantic as hell. And plus, what's a few gray clouds when you're from Portland? Love. Grand, innit?

msb said...

glad your home save to give worry a run for its money. :+)

asha said...

Hi Barbara. Acually we're still in Medford visiting Lee's folks. We'll head back tomorrow.

someone said...

If you're still in Medford, Hello to Jim from judybluesky.

asha said...

Someone: Jim says hi!

msb said...

Hi Jim.