27/09/2009

Through the looking glass


Bugsy in the backroom

By the end of the day my bag will be packed. That is my promise to myself. In the meantime, for your entertainment, I posted a few more photos from our recent trip to the Great Basin at flickr ... if you're interested. I'll post more here later, after my bag is packed.


Defunct Currant Cafe
Currant, Nevada




Currant is a ghost town along Nevada's Hwy 6, a road that makes Route 50, the so-called "Loneliest Highway in America", look like a traffic jam. The Currant Cafe and Motel are currently one of Mother Nature's little reclamation projects. It's my kind of place.


Currant Cafe, on Nevada Hwy. 6 

Currant Cafe, a once friendly stop along Nevada Hwy 6, the real "loneliest highway".


Currant Cafe, caught in the looking glass


Currant Cafe, a lost world


Currant Cafe interior


Currant Cafe through the looking glass

Currant Cafe, another dead Nevada roadside attraction

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's Currant (with an "a"), Nevada

asha said...

Anonymous, thanks. I appreciate the heads up. Too bad I didn't look more closely at my own photos. The name of the town is right there on the restaurant.