21/08/2010

Baby Watch 9 or Tumbleweeds to Black Rock


It's that time again so...


my G'ville expat friends now living in Mexico showed up the other day. They are like human tumbleweeds...


that blow in from the Sonora Desert enroute to the Black Rock Desert where they do the Hokey Pokey Consortium


then blow back to Mexico. As usual, I'm not attending. I have no interest in hanging out on a wind ravaged desert playa for a week even with The Spectacle. Is that so wrong?


Anyway, September 1 we leave for Florida then Costa Rica, in all for a month and a half. And yes. We are still waiting for Baby.

2 comments:

Roy said...

Exciting. But--as I look at Weather Underground--muggy. There are thunderstorms every day for the next 8 days? Is this how it will be next month? You will have your water-powered laptop?

asha said...

Good questions. Believe me, I am apprehensive about being in Florida at this time of year. Your question drove me to compare September weather for G'ville to Sarasota. Actually FL doesn't look so bad. Wetter but then I grew up in the Seattle area so rain is not that big a deal. Now hurricanes? They freak me out. So this will be an adventure but September is a cheap month to visit therefore, throwing caution to the hurricanes, we go. I hope the gods don't see that remark as hubris. It's a joke, guys.