06/02/2011

True story

Bill, a friend of mine who lives here in the Carson Valley, is one of the nicest guys you could ever know. He helped build Tahoe’s Heavenly Ski Resort back in the day and, at 77, still roller blades with his three dogs and, in the winter, is a ski god. He also cares for his wife of many years, who suffers from Alzheimer’s. She has her lapses but Bill, with his ever ready humor and gratitude, is very savvy about keeping things on an even keel. Recently, wanting to get a measure of where she was at, he gently inquired, "Hey honey, do you remember our wedding?" She thought about it for a minute then replied, "What else did we do that day?"

3 comments:

Roy said...

Uh oh. I hope no one asks me that.

Kimberlee said...

Good story:)

Once my grandmother (she had dementia) called me Laurel (that's my mom) so I turned to my mom and said "do I look that old" and she said "of course not, I look that young!." It's best to keep a sense of humour about these things.

someone said...

beautiful...