13/03/2011

Earth ship

I wonder what effect pulling all this oil out of earth has on things. Seems to me oil must act as a ballast for the planet and that planetary stability depends on it. We must have already siphoned out gazillions of pounds of ballast from the innards of the planet. Aren't we leaving empty chasms where the oil once was thus changing the way planet is balanced? And won't those chasms collapse and the balance inevitably shift?  What are the chances earth will be spun out of orbit altogether? At least, it seems to me, that these gigantic earthquakes will become more common.

***********************************

Update: I posted the above at Huffpo this morning and was pretty much drubbed, as expected. What I appreciate is the couple of people who responded in a straight forward scientific manner.  As usual, the boobs used it as an opportunity for ridicule. One commenter even accused  me (WOO!) of believing "everything in Al Gore's movie". WTF! I'm tired of clowns.

2 comments:

Roy said...

Well it is hard to believe Al Gore thought that beard looked good.

Damn, it's down to 34 degrees again. Winter will NEVER be over. Excuse me, I have to go make some global warming jokes.

asha said...

Al needs to shave the beard and trim the fat but I'm sure that if I had watched his movie I would have agreed with it.

Cloudy here and birds.