20/01/2012

Happy Squirrel Appreciation Day


If you've been thinking about baking a peanut cake for the neighborhood squirrels, today's the day. It's Squirrel Appreciation Day.

I decided that a good way to appreciate squirrels would be to register the Bird Park with the National Wildlife Federation. That would make it a certified wildlife habitat but when I got to the final step the NWF wanted twenty bucks. Plus, I travel a lot and being Mother Nature to a world has to be a full-time job. Ah well. Maybe later.

Anyway, happy Squirrel Appreciation Day. Now go appreciate some squirrels.

6 comments:

Mr. Donut said...

Ask your scholarly friend, “Do you prescribe to the theories of Dr. Rubdy?” If they have read the paper “Sensitizing Learners Towards a More Productive Classroom Participation: an 'Exploratory' Approach” by Rani Rubdy of the National University of Singapore, they are likely to respond with a resounding yes. Then it is your turn to shout “Rub Deeeeez Nuts!!!” If they ask who Dr. Rubdy is, you say “Rub Deeeez Nuts!” then grab your crotch, and then explain that Dr. Rubdy wrote a very important paper on class participation.

Roy said...

I know that squirrels like to eat lead. No, not bullets. Lead phone cable sheath. I always wondered if they got brain damage from it.

asha said...

Ok Mr. Donut. Calm down. Remember, squirrels are listening.

Roy, clearly squirrels need more treats.

Danielle - NWF said...

Thanks for blogging about Squirrel Day! We really appreciate it!

asha said...

Thanks, Danielle. And the squirrels of the world and I thank you.

someone said...

I will add this to my post as my dogs chase the wire-walking squirrels of Clinton Street. They seem pretty smart, so I don't think the lead is getting to these guys out here in the wild west, Roy.