10/05/2012

Obese magpie

Breakfast in the Bird Park and once again, the magpies are loading up with peanuts, sometimes flying off with two in a beak, while the cautious crows look on. Actually, the magpie are not really obese, well there is one. I just like the image. I want to shout, "Come on! Grab a goodie before everything's gone" as one crow finally begins inching in sideways toward the kibble but no. Can't do that. They tolerate me through the window but otherwise our relationship is pretty tenuous.

The cool thing is that Minerva the crow is here this morning. She's been a Bird Park regular for years. You might wonder how I know but I have my ways. Actually, it's not all that mystical. She has that feather protruding from her right wing and her companion has a distinctive brown feather in her right wing. Her/his? I don't know. Maybe they're siblings but, in any case, they are out there right now and Brownie has finally grabbed a beakful of kibble and flown off. Breakfast in bed for the chillens? I am so going to miss this. Yes. I am looking forward to London and Paris. We leave on the 21st. I'm not addled, for Christ's sake, but I am also very attached to my bird friends. Awww well. It's spring so they won't be out there foraging in the snow anyway and Penny Robin, who had to have her apple first thing in the morning, has already gone back to higher ground.


4 comments:

Roy said...

I think Penny Robin has gone to France.

I trust you are going to upload a constant flow of pics from Europe . . . !

Roy said...

Apparently, as is so often the case, word verification is "tuned in" to the situation, with the latest word: les posts

Anonymous said...

"Les posts"??? Perhaps we are all figments of google's dreams.

I will keep a look out for Penny Robin. No doubt she loves buttery croissants.

asha

Roy said...

I never thought about the possibility of synchronicity being the result of reality as I know it being merely one entity's dream world. But not Google. Perhaps the universe's dreams.
As if to prove my point, I am handed up the word, "catestr" which I feel is a compression of "cat tester" which is of course what I am. I am the embodiment of Kat Karma--mostly the good kind.