14/08/2013

Onshore wind

The onshore wind, laden with the chemical fragrances of all the creams, blocks, sprays, lotions, deodorants and perfumes wafting from the beach goers, burns in the back of my throat as I sit in the shade at the edge of the beach waiting for the bridge over the ICW to go back down. Not the worst of problems but, while posting this, they let some traffic through then stopped it again so I still can't get off the island. Now a repair truck has arrived and guys are working on the traffic light. At this point, cars line the ramp and the road leading up to it. OK. Seems it's fixed. Bridge going down. I'm on my bike. Gotta make a run for it.

4 comments:

Roy said...

I want to see this bridge. I am envisioning you peddling your bike like mad as the bridge goes up, and as you reach the end you sail out over the water in a smooth arc and land on the other side with a slight wobble. Is that about right?

asha said...

Brilliant. That's exactly what happened and you know I would have taken a photo but it all happened so quickly.

Roy said...

I understand. It's like UFOs.

asha said...

Exactly. But let me tell you about the time I saw UFOs.