“The road from appearance to reality is often very hard and long, and many people make only very poor travelers. We must forgive them when they stagger against us as if against a brick wall.” —Franz Kafka

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Local news at 11:05, or if you prefer, 23:05


Barcelona street 01
Barcelona street

Moving on. Not that I have anything particular to say this evening. I'm just tired of looking at the last post. What did I do today? Mostly organized stuff, cleaned things. Printed out some notes I took this summer that I many eventually work into a poem. And I repaired a painting I did about 25 years ago. At some point it had picked up cardboard fuzz or something. Whatever it was I sponged it off with q-tips.

And I had a nice, long phone conversation with my daughter-in-law this afternoon. Seems Baby Chance is fully committed to walking now and, in fact, insisted on it during their mile+ forest hike today. By the time we see him in December I expect he'll be unstoppable. That'll be fun.


2 comments:

Roy said...

I read the imgur comments--I thought it was sort of funny, those poor people who ruined their own days but then, I imagine, blamed it on you.
BC is mobile now? That, as we know, is a mixed blessing. Mostly good. Especially for grandparents.

asha said...

Yeah. Some people got pretty steamed up and this is me working on being non-confrontational.

BC is indeed on his way and, as you point out, it's a terrifying blessing. Now there will be three, ages one, three and five, livin' large. But, I must say, the parents are very savvy. (Don't you love a word with two Vs in it?). They take a lot, and I mean a lot, of walks, out and out hikes and monkey bar scrambles.