11/07/2021

Treasure box

I just rediscovered this collection of quotes my daughter-in-law sent earlier on of things my grandsons have said and am posting them here so I won't lose them again.


08.2016 
Today Frank asked to be called Fang. Prior to that is was Arrow and before that Orchid.

10.2016
Frank just asked me: mom, in water versus electricity, does water win because it breaks the electricity? Interesting thinking!

01.2017 
Leo just now: forever plus forever is another time.

05.2017
Frank and I were looking at a book that talked about the first space missions and how monkeys were sent up before people. Frank did not like this and said, "you don't test on creatures, you test on someone your own size." Thought you'd appreciate that!

01.2018  
Frank just now: what thing do you think will be here after us, after all the people die? Me: I don't know, what do you think? Frank: maybe...robots? Or zombies? 😨


5 comments:

Roy said...

Certainly wish I wrote down the things my son said. I remember his first early attempts at communication. The very first was when I was changing his diaper and when finished I started tickling him. He was laughing until he apparently had had enough, raised his arms toward me and said, "Up." Next time was when he got to ride in the front seat of my car, in his car seat, with just him and me in the car. He said, "Happy."

asha said...

"Happy". That's a great memory. Those moments, such treasures.

asha said...

"Certainly wish I wrote down the things my son said. "

PS. Me too. I don't have a lot of photos, nor do I have any of notes of things they said or did. And my daughter-in-law stopped sending me things she heard. I know for me, I still have to push against my tendency to take the passing wonders of "everyday" life for granted. Even worse is when I do not appreciate something until after the moment has passed.

Roy said...

That's an interesting idea--the whole thing about trying to hang on to things we once saw or heard, or things we once wrote, even. Remember "Kill your darlings?" I have some bad memories that have lingered for decades--only because I chose to rethink them again and again and thereby lock them in. Wish I hadn't. I have good memories that I'm glad I held onto. I'm just rambling here . . .
When I edit, I sometimes just delete the entire paragraph and start over. I don't mourn the loss of the old paragraph. With editing it becomes irrelevant anyway. Better to come up with something even better (I like to think.) This has something to do with living in the moment. Not sure exactly what.

asha said...

Right there with ya, Roy. It's hard to talk about like trying to hold on to the crest of the wave but ya. I agree. :)