05/09/2006

End wild horse slaughter




Sept. 6, 2006:
National Call-In Day for Horses


The wild horses need your help. The House of Representatives is scheduled to vote Thursday, Sept. 7 on the Horse Slaughter Prevention Act! Please help. Call your U.S. Representative directly or call the Congressional switchboard at (202) 224-3121. If you don't know what to say, here's a script courtesy of The Humane Society. Please help.

"I am a constituent and I am calling to ask that my Representative please protect American horses from slaughter and support H.R. 503, the Horse Slaughter Prevention Act. I also urge my Representative to oppose any amendments to H.R. 503. I am very concerned about American horses and I don't want them slaughtered."








2 comments:

RTFM said...

We can do this if we all try. If we spread the word, we can prevent Barbaro Burgers from ever hitting the marketplace! Sounds like a harsh reality, and it is!

JargonTalk

asha said...

Thanks for your comment. I checked made my calls today. I sure hope this bill passes. Also, nice post on your blog. Lots of good info.