06/09/2006

Stop slaughter of America's wild horses




With the U.S. House of Representatives set to vote on a permanent horse slaughter ban, animal advocates and lawmakers rally to keep American horses off the menu. more
  • Video: Be part of the national rally to ban horse slaughter.






If you need a script here's the one I used. It's the one provided by the Humane Society. Do it. It only takes a couple of minutes. Swamp 'em!


"I am a constituent and I am calling to ask that my Representative please protect American horses from slaughter and support H.R. 503, the Horse Slaughter Prevention Act. I also urge my Representative to oppose any amendments to H.R. 503. I am very concerned about American horses and I don't want them slaughtered."




If you'd like to read more there's a lot links on the subject here: Lexidiem: Barbaro Burgers Legal after Thursday?







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would you people holler about saving the horses when you won't stand against abortions? What do you propose we do with the 100,000 horses you plan to SAVE every year? Why don't you care enough for the starving people around the world being allowed to partake of this valuable source of protein? How about the starving Appalacion kids? What are you doing to help THEM? They don't count do they, just the rich horsae owners do, not the poor?

asha said...

Again I say get your facts right, bubba. You see, you have made a fool of yourself here twice now.

As I said in answer to same point you just made on my other post about sparing wild horses, an acre of soybeans produces 16 times the protein that an acre of grazing land produces. If you are so serious about "feeding the starving people" anywhere turn pasture land into crop land and advocate vegetarianism.

Go tell the millions of Iraqi citizens who have lost loved ones in the oil war you Christofascists unleashed on their country just how much "you people" value life and all the starving people in the world. You self-righteous freak.

You brag about your committment to embryonic life but I'll bet thoughts of the apocalypse give you wet dreams.

By your twisted logic, if there was a fire in a hospital and you could only save one, you'd have to save the test tube full of stem cells and leave the screaming babies to die in flames.

You're an asshole.