12/06/2007

Rush hour in Katmandu

Rush hour in Katmandu


Lots rattling around in my head this morning ...

...ruminations about how much nicer things would be if believers would only agree that god is god and loves everybody indiscriminately (including animals, fish, birds, the planet etc. )—how a former Nuremberg prosecutor said yesterday that Guantanamo trials "violate the Nuremberg principles, as well as the spirit of the Geneva Conventions of 1949." (What took him so long to go public?)—the crooks in the White House (when oh WHEN will these bastards be stopped?)...
...5th Friday at Comma Coffee, my performance, putting up posters, staging etc.etc.etc.... my daughter's July wedding and my trip to Portland to help with planning... and oh... about a million other things... the book I haven't written yet... working out (I'm in my gym clothes, drinking coffee)... I need to start meditating.

My mind is like morning rush hour in Kathmandu.





6 comments:

msb said...

Congrats to your daughter.

asha said...

Thanks. Clark is a REALLY nice guy. I am delighted.

someone said...

When will you be here? And can you carve out a moment for an old accomplice? We'll be gone from july 12 on... And what are you going to wear? Hmmmmmm?

asha said...

Yes, of course. Always. How is Monday or Tuesday? Even Sunday. Wear? God, I don't know. I will have to look like a grown-up.

Sal said...

Rush hour in Kathmandu. :-)

My nephew (who just got back) and I were talking about the traffic in Kathmandu.

Nightmarish.

Really.

Friends I was with chose to dash across traffic and teased me for walking down the street to take the walking overpass. My nightmares involve running across a Kathmandhu street and falling and ... can't ... get ... up.

asha said...

So you've been in rush hour in Kathmandu. Cool. It may have been a nightmarish experience but it gives you major street cred. :-)

A friend of mine lived in Kathmandu for awhile. She went nuts there. Her husband, on the other hand, loved it. As a man, he had a completely different experience. The monks liked him. It destroyed their marriage. Last I heard, he was still there and she was obsessed with some monk in the monastery near Mr. Shasta.