29/08/2007

For he is a jolly good fellow


My first introduction to Edison & Crew

I was at the park when my daughter called. Sometime this sunny perfect August afternoon, in the same beautiful yard where he enjoyed so many good days, Edison ... sweet sweet Edison ... the jolly fair-haired pooch ... will leave his body. I think of him as rising like a lovely butterfly out of a now dusty and decrepit cocoon. If you don't believe in the spirit then dust to dust baby, but I bet you even then Edison dust would have a twinkling golden glimmer to it with pink glittering sparkles flashing here and there.

He will be at home, surrounded by loving family. Understandably, he hates going to the vet so she will come to him. I am grateful for that. After we hung up I sat quietly for a while watching the ducks glide by. Finally I threw two stones in the creek as a way of saying, where you go, so in time go I, then walked away feeling the heart breaking tug of letting go.



No comments: