14/05/2010

Friday update


M. Lee left this afternoon for China. It's been a helluva week. Murphy's Law was in full force. When he left he still wasn't sure if he had a seat on the connecting flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong and I won't know for a couple days how it turned out. All this was the result of going through a funky ass Chinese travel agency in Oakland by the name of J & V Travel. NEVER USE THEM. He needed to make a slight change to his ticket but the wankers at J & V Travel were totally unwilling/ignorant/rude and or stupid to get it done. I needed to make a similar change on a ticket I bought recently directly through the airline. It took a one minute phone call. Anyway, I'm sad he's gone. It really changes the way I look at my surroundings. I'm glad I'm leaving in the morning. It won't be an epic trip but at least I won't be moping around here. When I was a kid I tried digging to China with a tablespoon. He seems that far away tonight.

3 comments:

Don said...

Why use a funky-ass travel agency in Oakland? My first guess is their typical clientele are folks from Oakland's Chinatown and some white guy from Nevada is going to be way down their list of priorities. I hope he got there without too much hassle and you find out soon.

asha said...

It was his mother's choice. I doubt he'd let her chose again. As it turns out, they did get there. The airline was fantastic and the tour that went along with the package has been pretty cool but the agency itself sucks. It gets terrible ratings on the link I included. Over and over, people (probably Chinese) also complain about how rude and unresponsive they are.

Don said...

Sounds like my lawnmower and rototiller repair man, who's doing his best to lose his business. I am helping him by going there no more.