28/08/2010

Babette's Lucky Day





This morning about 6 AM the magpies were screaming like hell so I went out to see what all the ruckus was about. Just then Babette (the squirrel formerly known as Bob) came skidding around the corner at top speed, blasted by and dove under the lilac bush, the cat coming behind her like a steely gray ground missile. Babette took advantage of the distraction, did a 180 and shot back to the Bird Park and I chased the fucking cat off in the opposite direction. It clawed its way up and disappeared over the fence and presumable went back to it's own yard. Talk about lucky. The magpies hate cats. This isn't the first time we've double teamed the bastards.






6 comments:

Roy said...

I imagine, late at night, the magpies talk of you. Of course, so do the cats.

asha said...

And late, late at night the coyotes talk about us all.

Kimberlee said...

You need a cape because all super heros have capes!

asha said...

Kimberlee, you are so right. I do need a cape!

Kristiana said...

what a great video! lucky the bird park has you. whew!

asha said...

Kristiana... Thanks. It definitely was a lucky shot. :) I don't know what I'd do without the Bird Park. It would be a mighty lonely window without all my little friends hopping around outside.