07/10/2006

Saturday at the Roxy - Puppets, Hamlet and Roy



Welcome to the matinee. At the moment I'm sitting in Dreamer's Cafe in Reno having a cup of coffee and posting this on my crippled old lap top with corrupt Java so, at least until I get home and can use my regular computer, I'll have to do without the graphics, spell checker, even font resizing. I know only the most rudimentary HTML and, on my own, am a crappy speller. Life in the rough.

Nevertheless, it's a special day as one of the rare Roxy regulars is celebrating his birthday this Saturday, something that only happens every seven years, give or take leap years I suppose. I'm not an expert on the calendar. At any rate, this one's for you (it make take a moment to load so be patient) ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROY!
Have a great day, trip and year

DIE LOSER DIE!

2:01




As the Roxy is modeled after the old Saturday afternoon matinee, serial stories are supposed to be a regular feature. Keeps the little darlings clamouring back each week to see what happens next and buy popcorn and bon bons (which, sadly, have since become extinct). I don't have such sinister motives. I just like serials and hope you do too. As there isn't a new episode of The Defenders of Stan yet, I'm going to start a second serial. This one is already complete so we'll be able to power though this one. Five shows...five weeks.

PUPPET RAPIST - EPISODE 1
about 5 minutes





As it's Roy's birthday I debated long and hard over this next one. Cakey! The Cake From Outer Space or Cat Head Theatre? I decided Cakey ran the birthday theme into the ground plus Roy's a writer so I went with this excerpt from Hamlet.

CAT HEAD THEATRE
03:28




That's it for the day. Hope you enjoyed the show. If you haven't voted for the Hero of the Year yet, be sure and do it before you go! The elephants thank you.





No comments: